We value your family’s emotional and physical health.
During our programs, we frequently take groups for handwashing to transition from one activity to another. This has always been our practice. It is a mindful way to end one activity and begin another.
We are creating some new hygiene practices to help protect families from COVID-19 and other illnesses. Here are some precautions that we will be implementing:
- Three-stage air purifiers will be placed in every classroom. We will not use UV filters because they produce ozone, which can generate unsafe air quality.
- Our students have always been seated in rows facing the same direction with approximately three feet between seats.
- We will provide CDC/FDA-approved sanitizer but will prioritize hand washing as the best method.
- We will monitor all Delaware guidance for the use of PPE and social distancing edit procedures as needed. We will consult with the staff and parents for procedure input.
- We will disinfect surfaces and shared items with CDC/EPA-approved products containing plant-based disinfectants for the lowest toxicity danger.
- We will remove any child who may become ill after initial screening and keep them in a room dedicated to immediate dismissal; in the event that this occurs, the classroom from which the child was removed will be sanitized immediately and parents of other children in that group will be contacted for optional dismissal.
- We will communicate all known illnesses, potential risks, and process updates to parents.
- Masks are optional. All members will respect the choice made by other members.
This page was updated on March 19, 2022.