We value helping learners to create with technology and not only consume it. Families and learners who value STEM and/or digital content creation will love to deep dive into technology platforms with us. We keep learners safe in our G Suite for Education platform and help them manage online safety while creating projects. Learners will be supported with the technology they need on our campus. Internet Safety and Digital Citizenship will be a focus in all programs.
Using project-based or problem-based learning techniques, we will examine “Innovation Literacy” dimensions:
- Identification and Understanding of Challenges or “Problems”
- Communication, Collaboration, and Revision
- Creation of Experiences, Processes, and Offerings (Products/Services)
- Understanding Cultural and Social Impact
Computer Software Basics
We can use our Google platform to teach learners basic computer skills and strengthen computer literacy:
- Touch typing instruction and practice
- Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Learn how to complete advanced search engine queries
- Manage, organize and store photos and files
Computer Engineering Basics
Learn to create projects that involve hardware and software. Learners can explore plug-and-play devices such as Microbit, Makey Makey, and Arduino. They can combine their coding knowledge with interactive platforms to solve real-world challenges. They may also choose to explore basic artificial intelligence and robotics concepts.
Coding: Block and Syntax for Programming Languages
Our coding program integrates Tynker, CS First, and Scratch to help children of a variety of skill sets and ages to create coding projects. No previous experience is required. Our instructors give each learner individual attention to help them grow skills at their own pace. In addition to Scratch, other programming languages and coding opportunities will be offered. Explore the ways that apps, video games, Minecraft, and websites are made.
Learners can join our programs to develop a YouTube channel. Learners may choose to incorporate their Technology projects but can also explore other interests features. In this class, students will learn how to:
- Create and edit video and audio content, including static transitions and screen recording
- Write appealing and effective video narratives and descriptions
- Create and apply strategies to build subscribers
- Identify and target key search phrases for the audience
ArcGIS Mapping & Storytelling
Learners can also create data-rich visual maps and stories using our ESRI platform: ArcGIS for Education. This tool is used by journalists, scientists, historians, activists, and more. Your family has probably interacted with several GIS features online. Check out this blended group project to see what learners can make.
Adobe Creative Software
Create print and digital content using a variety of software from Adobe. Learners can edit photos, create brochures, learn graphic design, and even make websites. These skillsets can be learned to showcase other educational projects.
Osmo for Younger Techies
We offer the full suite of Osmo products to teach younger learners ages 5-8. With these manipulative and interactive sets, learners can code, design, animate, and strengthen math and literacy skills.