There are several ways to participate in the activities at Walnut Grove Coop. All members pay $50 as a membership fee once per year to participate in the group and its programs. Member fees are per child. Adults and children under 1 year are free.
Benefits of the group are:
- Private email group to communicate with other like-minded families
- Support from other parents when considering various education styles and curricula for homeschooling in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey.
- Invitations to field trips arranged by the group
- Participation in volunteer-led clubs for free
- Access to the home school classes and programs
- Access to private Summer Camps
Ready to enroll? Complete the online form.
- Enrichment Classes — Tuesdays 9:30 am – 2:00 pm
Walnut Grove Coop Offers instructor-led classes for children from Kindergarten through 9th grade from September – May. Subjects offered include Art, Science, Literature and Focus Studies. More information about classes for home schoolers >>
- Preschool Time — Tuesdays 9:30 am – 11:30 am
This group is for children ages approximately 2-4. We will explore concepts with the children through stories and activities. Learn more about Preschool Time >>
Ology Assembly – Unschool Coop Day:
This group meets Fridays from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm. It is family-friendly — all ages welcome. A facilitator will lead children in the exploration of self-directed group project time for the first half of the day each week. This is generally referred to as our unschool option and leverages a democratic process to elicit and execute the ideas of the participants. Learn more about our Unschool Program >>
Parents and volunteers may lead any club they desire and can invite other members to attend for free (or with fees to cover material costs). Club time will be offered Friday from 9am-10:15am and again from 1:00pm-4:00pm.
- ASL: Sign Language Club
Friday mornings before Ology Assembly, join this parent-led group for games, peer teaching, and themed signs of the week.
Members are eligible to join a camp. See more information for pricing and registration on the Mindful Nature Camp page.
Due to the limited enrollment offered by Walnut Grove Coop, there are no refunds or cancellations of payments for any classes or programs once you have registered.