Our programs are designed to create a community for socialization while also supporting families with mindful secular academic instruction. We have been serving homeschoolers for 10 years and our staff value your child’s education. We offer child-centered and child-led programs with documentation of completed work to help parents reduce efforts for homeschooling.
Ready to enroll? Visit the Fees to Register page to get started.
Walnut Grove Coop Offers instructor-led classes for children from Kindergarten through 9th grade from September – May. Learn more about subjects, schedules and pricing:
Outdoor Learning – Forest School:
Our outdoor space is used in place of a classroom for most sessions. Children will lead their own exploration including time in the woods, at the creek, at the pond, and in the field. Our facilitator for this program will assist the children in projects and self-led learning. Learn more about our Outdoor Learning “Forest School” Program
Our facilitators will lead children in the exploration of a self-directed individual and group project studios and stations. Learn more about our Unschool Program
Parents and volunteers may lead any club they desire and can invite other members to attend for free (or with fees to cover material costs).
There are several ways to participate in the activities at Walnut Grove Coop. All members pay $50 as a membership fee once per year to participate in the group and its programs. Member fees are per child. Adults and children under 1 year are free.
Benefits of the group are:
- Access to the home school classes and programs
- Invitations to field trips arranged by the group
- Annual Fire Safety program
- Participation in volunteer-led clubs for free
- Discounts for Summer Camps
- Discounted Delaware State Park Passes
- Discount admission to Franklin Institute
- Support from other parents when considering various education styles and curricula for homeschooling in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey.