Our programs are designed to create a community for socialization while also supporting families with mindful secular academic instruction. We have been serving homeschoolers for 10 years and our staff value your child’s education. We offer child-centered and child-led programs with documentation of completed work to help parents reduce efforts for homeschooling.
Pre-K through 12th-grade Programs
Click here to see a larger version of the 2022-23 program schedule.
PreK-8th grade Enrichment Classes:
Walnut Grove Coop Offers instructor-led classes for children from Kindergarten through 8th grade from September to May. Learn more about subjects, schedules, and pricing:
K-8th grade Outdoor Learning – Forest School:
Our outdoor space is used in place of a classroom for most sessions. Children 5-13 years of age will lead their own exploration including time in the woods, at the creek, at the pond, and in the field. Our facilitator for this program will assist the children in projects and self-led learning. Learn more about our Outdoor Learning “Forest School” Program
K-8th grade Unschool Studio:
Our facilitators will lead children 5-13 years of age in the exploration of self-directed individual and group project studios and stations. Learners will drive their education through their passions with the support of dedicated adult facilitation. Learn more about our Unschool Program
K-12th Technology Studio Program:
Here learners will create technology not only consume it. We feature beginner and advanced platforms to help develop technology literacy. At any age or skill level, we welcome K-12 learners to join us for skill-building. We will help learners acquire skills with:
- Basic and Advanced computer skills (typing, document creation/editing, presentations)
- Begginer Technology such as Osmo and Tacto devices (for K-5)
- Coding (Scratch, Python, Minecraft Mods, Java, HTML, and more)
- Computer Engineering Basics (Microbit, Makey Makey, Arduino, etc)
- YouTube channel creation
- ESRI/Geo-mapping, spatial analytics, and content creation using ARC GIS education
- Adobe Creative Software for graphic and web design such as Photoshop and Illustrator
Ready to enroll? Review the costs to register for PreK-8th grade to get started.
High School Program:
Our programs offer credit hours and service hours for learners in high school. Learners can custom-design coursework to achieve credit or participate in our instructor-led curriculum. Your family helps to design the path for graduation using a hybrid model stemming from your own home school but ending with an accredited diploma and transcript. Learn more about our High School programs.
Other Membership Features
Parents and volunteers may lead any club they desire and can invite other members to attend for free (or with fees to cover material costs).
There are several ways to participate in the activities at Walnut Grove Coop. All members pay $50 as a membership fee once per year to participate in the group and its programs. Member fees are per child. Adults and children under 1 year are free.
The benefits of the group are:
- Access to the home school classes and programs
- Invitations to field trips arranged by the group
- Annual Fire Safety program
- Participation in volunteer-led clubs for free
- Discounts for Summer Camps
- Discounted Delaware State Park Passes
- Discount admission to Franklin Institute and Adventure Aquarium
- Support from other parents when considering various education styles and curricula for homeschooling in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey.