Children ages 9 to 13 are invited to explore the world of YouTube Channel creation.
Students will work independently and in groups to create online content. We will provide all the equipment needed in our Chromebook computer lab. This 8-week course meets weekly on Tuesday from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm (December 11, 18; January 1, 8, 15, 29; February 5, 12). An additional option to come to enjoy our lunch bunch before class from 11:30 am -1:00 pm is also available.
In this class, students will learn how to:
- Create and edit video and audio content, including static transitions
- Create and customize a YouTube Channel
- Develop an audience-facing brand
- Create and apply a style template
- Write appealing and effective video narratives and descriptions
- Create and apply strategies to build subscribers
- Identify and target key search phrases for the audience
- Leverage appropriate social media etiquette to interact with the audience
All participants will receive a membership at Walnut Grove Coop so that they may participate in other programs and activities after this course. To register for this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cost for the 8-week 1-hour course per student: $145
The fee to add 1.5-hour lunch bunch before the course is $130
About our Lunch Bunch:
Students who participate in our lunch bunch not only bring and eat lunch together but also are led by staff to engage in meaningful play experiences indoors and outdoors. We offer collaborative activities for social skill development, gross-motor outlet, and big-thinking strategies. We don’t just eat lunch we teach it!